With 10 bachelor's and 18 master's degree programs, more than 15,000 graduates and more than 4,500 students to date, the University of Applied Sciences Technikum Wien is Austria's University of applied sciences for technology and digitalization. To strengthen our team in the Faculty of Life Science Engineering, we are looking for a committed
Junior Lecturer/Researcher for City of Vienna Competence Team Teaching „Knowledge Knock-In. Genome Editing at UAS Technikum Wien“
- Development of content and didactics for new and revision of existing teaching materials on the topic of "genome editing" including collaboration on the development, integration and implementation of a modular concept for practical laboratory exercises in degree programs
- Guidance of student assistants within the project
- Academic teaching in Bachelor's and Master's degree programs, supervision of scientific student papers
- Participation in the dissemination of project results, in the writing of research proposals and in the establishment of a network in the field of "genome editing"
- Active participation in faculty events as well as in outreach activities
- Completed university education in a related subject (at least Master's level)
- Above-average interest in didactics, experience in academic teaching is an advantage
- Proven knowledge in the field of "genome editing" and/or practical experience with 3D Cell Culture Models
- Independent, solution-oriented and reliable working style
- High degree of ability to work in a team, self-motivation and sense of responsibility
- Good written and spoken German and English language skills
- A versatile and responsible role in the education sector – for a meaningful job
- Flexible working conditions through flextime and the option of working from home – for a good work-life balance
- A modern and easily accessible workplace – for a comfortable working environment
- Public transport pass (KlimaTicket Ö) or Vienna Linien annual pass, depending on the duration of employment and weekly working hours – for a sustainable contribution to our environment
- Additional days off on December 24th and 31st – for more time for yourself, family, and friends
- Company pension scheme – for a secure future
- Diverse training and development opportunities, including an onboarding program and international staff mobility – for a strong start and ongoing personal growth
- Regular company events and celebrations – for an open and joyful working environment
- Two weeks of free on-site childcare during the summer holidays – for a better work-life balance
If you are interested in this varied position with 38.5 hours/week, please send your detailed application by e-mail to email@example.com. The employment is limited to the project period of 3 years and with a minimum salary of € 2,150,-- gross/month. With appropriate experience and qualifications, an overpayment is possible. The working hours are based on the course of study (sometimes courses take place in the evenings and on weekends).
The advertised position is part of the project "City of Vienna Competence Team for Teaching "Knowledge Knock-In. Genome Editing at the University of Applied Sciences Technikum Wien" with funding from MA 23.
The University of Applied Sciences Technikum Wien strives to increase the proportion of women, especially in teaching and research, and therefore expressly invites qualified women to apply. Preference will be given to women with the same qualifications.
We would like to point out that application documents with regard to the GlBG will be deleted after a 7-month retention period. Employment relationships at the University of Applied Sciences Technikum Wien are not subject to a collective agreement. Travel expenses incurred in connection with the selection process will not be reimbursed.