PoolParty Semantic Suite is at the core of our daily business. Join a passionate team of developers, researchers and product managers and contribute to the leading semantic platform on the global market.
The Semantic Web Company (SWC) is a leading provider of software and services in the areas of Semantic Information Management and Linked Data technologies. SWC's renowned software platform PoolParty (www.poolparty.biz) is widely used by organisations around the globe to extract meaning from Big Data.
SWC values loyalty, brightness and innovation and rewards outstanding performance with increased responsibility and growth opportunities. We offer a great work-life balance and a company culture that is cutting-edge, ingenious, dynamic, collaborative and fun while relying on professionalism and the highest level of integrity from our employees. Honesty and reliability are at the core of our business ethos.
At Semantic Web Company you'll work alongside great people with a wide variety of backgrounds, skills and talents. If you are interested in Semantics, are hardworking and most of all a team player and open-minded, then SWC might be the right fit for you.
- Refine, design and implement PoolParty product features with the scrum team (with focus on backend development)
- Writing high quality, scalable, testable and modularized code
- Participate in Product Backlog Refinement sessions to formulate user stories by clarifying the technical details
- Mentoring developers and guiding them towards best development practices
- Regular code reviews and pair programming sessions
- Completed university studies in IT or adequate practical experience
- 3+ years of experience in Java development (Java 8+, Spring and associated frameworks and libraries)
- Solid understanding of professional software engineering best practices including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build processes and testing
- Advantage if you have experience with technologies like graph databases, triple stores (e.g GraphDB) and search index stores (Elasticsearch, Solr)
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment tool (e.g Jenkins) is a plus
- Experience working with scrum methodologies is an advantage (but no a prerequisite)
- Willingness to educate yourself about web-based Information Management, Semantic Web, and Linked Data
- Analytical thinking, teamwork and communication skills
- Valid residence and work permit for Austria
What We Offer:
- A captivating and engaging environment working in the burgeoning fields of semantic technologies and artificial intelligence
- A most welcoming, collegial and professional working atmosphere
- An attractive office with library, small gym, showers and relaxation zone, located centrally in the heart of Vienna ("the most liveable city in the world" according to 'The Economist'), extremely easy to reach with public transportation
- An exciting, challenging but rewarding position in an agile, diverse and rapidly-expanding company
- Working with a diverse group of people where more than 65% are with international backgrounds and English as the main working language
- Working in a learning organisation with interesting training & development opportunities on individual but also team level
- Developed employee journey that enhances your professional growth, through: internal & external trainings, hands-on experience, radical experimentation days 3 times a year and many more
- A good work-life balance with the possibility to work from home and flexible working hours
- Ergonomic office equipment as well as complementary fresh fruit, coffee, tea...
- State-of-the-art infrastructure
For the Senior Frontend Developer the minimum gross salary offered (full-time-equivalent) is EUR 53.000– p.a. – overpayment depending on education, skills and prior work experience.
We would love to have you in our team!