We are Austria's largest Research and Technology Organisation and an international player in the research areas that we cover. This makes us a leading development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Health & Bioresources (location options: Graz/Styria, Hall in Tirol/Tyrol or Vienna) invites applications for a:
PhD Thesis "Privacy-Preserving Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare
- An ever-increasing amount of data generated in healthcare systems increasingly leave health professionals overloaded with information. Standardized infrastructures and specific data analytics tools are needed to gain new insights from these Big Healthcare data. Legal requirements such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and questions of data ownership pose increasing challenges to manage healthcare data from Electronic Medical/Health Records like ELGA or telehealth systems while preserving the privacy for patients.
- AIT's predictive healthcare information systems team has developed solutions for privacy-preserving record linkage (EUPID) and now aims to explore advanced methods like distributed and federated machine learning which can help to overcome the data protection challenges while at the same time enabling Artificial Intelligence (AI) on large datasets, distributed over many institutions and jurisdictions.
- You will work in a highly motivated, interdisciplinary research team.
- You will develop algorithms and software-components for AIT's Predictive Analytics Toolset for Healthcare (PATH).
- You will increase your knowledge and experience in a cutting-edge topic.
- You will gain experience in working within an international group of scientists and engineers.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner (m/f):
- Master's degree in computer science, (health) informatics, biostatistics, data science, software engineering, IT security or related fields
- Profound programming skills, preferably in Matlab, Python, R
- Basic experience in machine learning, statistics and data analytics
- Strong interest in working in a scientific environment (writing publications, giving scientific presentations, collaborating with universities)
- Excellent communication skills in German and/or English
What to expect:
EUR 2.162,40,- gross per month for 30 hours/week. There will be additional company benefits. You will be part of our international AIT PhD community and participate in our AIT PhD framework program. As a research institution, we are familiar with the supervision and execution of PhD theses and we are looking forward to supporting you accordingly!
At AIT, the promotion of young female scientists is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to applications from ambitious female students!
TOMORROW TODAY - WITH YOU?
Please submit your application documents including CV, motivational letter and certificates online, via https://jobs.ait.ac.at/Job/110639
For further information please contact:
DI Dr. Günter Schreier, email@example.com