We are Austria's largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Digital Safety & Security in Vienna invites applications for an:
Internship for Smart Environmental Sensing
- Modern environmental measurement systems combine a large amount of data from different sensors with analytical methods to provide a solid foundation for decision making. Thus, the collected data must meet high quality and availability requirements.
- During this internship, you have the opportunity to work with our team on an experimental platform for environmental monitoring.
- Under the guidance of our team, you will integrate different sensors into the AIT environmental measurement network using state-of-the-art IoT and edge technologies.
- You will develop analytical methods for quality assurance and integrate them on edge devices.
- As part of an evaluation study, you will learn to evaluate the results and, together with the team, identify potential for improvement.
- You will gain experience in setting up environmental measurement networks.
- You will get a detailed insight into current edge technologies and the opportunity to work with them.
- You will train scientific work and you have the chance to discuss your experiences with experienced scientific peers.
- You are currently enrolled in master study program, in the field of environmental technology, computer science, electrical engineering, communications engineering or similar
- Good programming skills (e.g., Python)
- Experience in embedded programming is an advantage
- Interest in data analytics and AI
- Interest in the conception of scientific studies and in application-oriented questions
- Good spoken and written English
- Starting date: summer 2022 (ideally from June)
- Internship duration: between 2 and 4 months; working hours per week: 38.5 h
- A remuneration of at least EUR 1.133,-- gross per month for 38.5 hours per week. In addition to our company benefits, we also offer flexible working conditions and the opportunity to gain professional experience in a highly innovative environment.
At AIT, promoting young female scientists is important to us - that's why we are particularly looking forward to receiving applications from female students!
TOMORROW TODAY - WITH YOU?
Please submit your application documents including your CV and motivational letter online: https://jobs.ait.ac.at/Job/169577