We are Austria's largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Digital Safety & Security is seeking to hire new Ingenious Partners for our location in Vienna.
Junior Scientist (m/f/d) in the field of 6G reflective intelligent surfaces
- Wireless communication links between machines demand new properties such as low-latency, defined error probability, an interface to control algorithms and the ability to operate in challenging environments.
- As member of our multidisciplinary, international team, you will investigate reflective intelligent surfaces (RIS) as novel technology for future 6G wireless communications systems in the millimeter wave (mmWave) frequency band.
- You will create wireless wave propagation models for RIS and calibrate/validate their outcome with practical channel sounding experiments in the mmWave domain
- You will establish a machine learning environment to control the RIS for highly reliable wireless communications in time-critical scenarios.
- You will optimize the RIS design with respect to power consumption, complexity, training overhead and cost.
- You will actively engage in collaborative research activities with industry partners to explore 6G RIS application scenarios.
- You will participate in national and international research projects.
- You will establish scientific collaboration inside and outside AI.
- You will publish results in international conferences and journals.
- Master of Science (MSc) degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering or a related field
- Knowledge in numerical simulation tools (Matlab, Python), software defined radio systems and radio frequency millimeter wave design is a plus
- Ability to combine theoretical reasoning with practical applications and experimentations
- Ability to integrate in a multinational research team
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English, readiness to acquire German language skills
What to expect:
The minimum gross annual salary with full-time employment according to the collective agreement is EUR 48.062,-- The actual salary will be determined individually, based on your qualifications and experience. In addition, we offer company benefits, flexible working conditions, individual training and career opportunities.
We encourage our junior scientist (m/f/d) to pursue a doctoral degree at the Vienna University of Technology.
As part of our AIT-PhD programme, which is carried out with renowned universities, you will have the opportunity to conduct your PhD thesis in collaboration with our experts and our national and international project partners from industry or other research organizations.
TOMORROW TODAY - WITH YOU?
Please submit your application documents including CV, a short motivation letter and a transcript of your lectures taken via https://jobs.ait.ac.at/Job/150516
For further information please contact:
Dr. Thomas Zemen, thomas.zemen(at)ait.ac.at