We are Austria's largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Digital Safety & Security in Vienna invites applications for a:
Master Thesis "Federated Learning in Industrial Data Science"
- Data Science & Artificial Intelligence -
- Federated Learning enables decentralized devices to collaboratively learn a shared prediction model while keeping all the training data on decentralized devices without storing the data in the cloud. The basic idea is that a central node aggregates locally trained models and then distributes an improved global model back to these devices.
- As part of this master thesis, you will participate in an applied research project of our Competence Unit Data Science & Artificial Intelligence that is related to design and develop workflows and algorithmic methods.
- You will develop workflows and algorithmic methods that enable interactive machine learning in distributed edge computing environments.
- You will work on data for quality control and predictive maintenance.
- You will learn cutting edge machine learning methods and tools.
- You gain experience in the area of industrial data science and work in a team with other experienced data scientists.
- You train scientific working and have the opportunity to discuss experiences with scientific experts.
- You are encouraged to publish your results at scientific conferences.
Your qualification as an Ingenious Partner*:
- Master studies in the field of Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics or equivalent
- Interest and demonstrated knowledge in Machine Learning and Data Science
- Data Science Tools and Libraries (Python, R)
- Very good knowledge of either German or English (fluent in spoken and written)
What to expect:
EUR 802,62 gross per month for 20 hours/week based on the collective agreement. There will be additional company benefits. You will be part of our international Young AIT network. As a research institution, we are familiar with the supervision and execution of master theses and we are looking forward to supporting you accordingly.
At AIT, the promotion of women is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to applications from female students!
TOMORROW TODAY - WITH YOU?
Please submit your application documents including CV, motivational letter and certificates online: https://jobs.ait.ac.at/Job/149284