We are Austria's largest Research and Technology Organisation and an international player in the research areas that we cover. This makes us a leading development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Energy invites applications for a:
Master Thesis "Specification and simulation of a cascaded battery energy storage system"
- With the ongoing implementation of renewable generation, the relevance of battery energy storage systems increases. Existing concepts for battery energy storage systems do exhibit visible limitations for a simple and efficient scalability, reliability, efficiency and the possibility to retrofit and extend existing systems.
- Specification of an electronic circuit for the combination of single battery modules into a cascaded power electronic system
- Analysis of synergetic functions of the converter and the battery management system
- Simulation of a battery energy storage system of multiple sub systems and definition of the requirements for a later implementation in real hardware
- The objective of this master thesis is the analysis of a cascaded power converter topology for battery energy storage systems with the aim of reducing or overcoming the above stated limitations.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner (m/f):
What to expect:
- Ongoing studies in electrical engineering, power electronics
- Knowledge of power electronics and circuit development
- Power electronics simulation competences
- Know-how in battery energy storage system is an advantage
- Good communication skills in English or German.
EUR 719,51 gross per month for 20 hours/week based on the collective agreement. There will be additional company benefits. As a research institution, we are familiar with the supervision and execution of Master theses and we are looking forward to supporting you accordingly!
Please submit your documents including your CV, cover letter and certificates online, via:
https://jobs.ait.ac.at/Job/104916For further information please contact:
Johannes Kathan, MSc, firstname.lastname@example.org