We are Austria's largest applied research institute and are a leading global player in many areas of infrastructure research. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and one of the top employers in the international scientific sector. Related to a recently awarded ERC grant of the European Research Council, our Center for Digital Safety & Security is seeking for new Ingenious Partners in Vienna:
Junior Scientist (m/f/d) Optics & Optoelectronics
- ICT, especially telecommunication and computation are the cornerstone of a modern society. We explore new ways to use optical technology as an enabler for unprecedented performance, cost- and energy efficiency.
- As a team member working on our ERC grant project COYOTE you will work at the frontier of opto-electronic technology for communication, computing and sensing, and dive into the world of quantum optics.
- Together with the project team, you will develop innovative scientific methods, design appropriate experiments and implement the knowledge gained in direct applications.
- You will work independently on work-packages or smaller projects and you will supervise interns.
- Your experimental activity (chip-level testing, system evaluation) from component to the network level will improve understanding of opto-electronic systems.
- You will disseminate your findings in scientific literature.
- You will work in a multi-disciplinary team ranging from post-doctoral scientists to students.
- With your innovative work you will help to address the most current challenges in photonics research.
- You will take the lead in new projects that may derive from your scientific activities.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner:
- MSc degree in a relevant field (e.g. electrical engineering, physics)
- Evidence of research potential and first experience in carrying out experiments
- Knowledge of electronics and optics.
- Knowledge in the cross-cutting fields of RF engineering, quantum technology or integrated circuit technology is beneficial
- Ability to integrate in a multi-national research team, high commitment and motivation to work at the frontier of opto-electronic technology research
- Excellent knowledge of English is required, German would be an asset
What to expect:
The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement is EUR 43.820,--. The actual salary will be determined individually, based on your qualifications and experience. In addition, we offer company benefits, flexible working conditions, individual training and career opportunities.
At AIT, the promotion of women is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to hearing from female applicants!
TOMORROW TODAY - WITH YOU?
Please submit your CV, including a full track record and accompanied by a motivation statement by October 31st, 2020, online: https://jobs.ait.ac.at/Job/134396