We are Austria's largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Digital Safety & Security in Vienna invites applications for a:
Master Thesis „UAV Modulation Parameter Estimation and Prediction on a Software Defined Radio"
- Unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) use frequency hopping wireless communication links. In order to protect civil infrastructures, we are interested to investigate efficient reactive jamming methods that are able to follow the rapid hopping pattern of UAV.
- You will implement a modulation parameter estimation and prediction method (frequency hopping pattern/speed/range) on a FPGA-equipped software defined radio.
- You will plan and carry out an experiment in which the parameters of a UAV are estimated in real-time.
- You will conduct literature research on existing parameter estimation and prediction methods and their suitability for fixed-point implementation.
- You will implement suitable methods in a simulation environment as proof of concept and on FPGA hardware for real-time operation.
- You will test the implementation with a real-world experiment.
- You will gain experience in the area of Wireless Communications and will increase your knowledge in a cutting-edge topic.
- You will train scientific working and will have the opportunity to discuss about various experiences, methods & techniques with scientific experts.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner:
- Academic studies of electrical engineering, telecommunication engineering, computer science, applied mathematics or similar
- Solid knowledge in digital signal processing, the description of linear systems, and modulation formats. Good knowledge of C/C++, CUDA, desirable MATLAB
- Ability to integrate in a multinational research team
- Very good knowledge of either German or English (fluent in spoken and written)
What to expect:
At least EUR 779,25- gross per month for 20 hours/week based on the collective agreement. There will be additional company benefits. You will be part of our international Young AIT network. As a research institution, we are familiar with the supervision and execution of master theses and we are looking forward to supporting you accordingly.
At AIT, the promotion of women is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to applications from female students!
TOMORROW TODAY - WITH YOU?
Please submit your application documents including CV, motivational letter and certificates online at: https://jobs.ait.ac.at/Job/127770