We are Austria's largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Health & Bioresources is seeking to hire Ingenious Partners for our location in Vienna.
Junior Research Engineer (m/f/d) in Bioelectronics
- The Competence Unit Molecular Diagnostics develops tailored biomarkers, biosensors and rapid point of case test applications for life threatening.
- You will be part of our multidisciplinary team, that has developed a novel method for electroporation of eukaryotic cells. We work with passivated electrodes to achieve either lysis or live cargo delivery. The main difference between commonly used methods and our prototypes is that we abolish electrolysis in the solution, thereby enabling microfluidic applications.
- You adapt and optimize existing protocols for the oxidation of Titanium.
- You assess the merits of alternative electrode coatings provided by our partners.
- You assemble, characterize and test microfluidic electroporation prototypes.
- You conceptualize and construct novel designs that are characterized by increased durability and/or sample throughput.
- You are our future expert in all questions regarding prototype design and construction.
- Your innovative results contribute to the success of our current research projects.
- You are introduced to cutting edge prototype construction and the development of entirely novel applications in biotechnology.
- Your advancements may directly impact the feasible commercialization of our technology.
- We hope that you and your acquired expertise can be transferred to our planned spin-off venture.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner:
- Master's degree in technical physics, inorganic chemistry, electrical engineering or similar
- Knowledge in thin-film coating or electrical engineering preferred
- Familiarity with biomedical engineering or electroporation
- Practical and analytical thinking
- Very good communication skills in German or English
What to expect:
The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement is EUR 43.820,--. The actual salary will be determined individually, based on your qualifications and experience. In addition, we offer company benefits, flexible working conditions, individual training and career opportunities.
At AIT, the promotion of women is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to hearing from female applicants!
For further information please contact:
Dr. Klemens Wassermann, firstname.lastname@example.org
TOMORROW TODAY - WITH YOU?
Please submit your application documents including CV, motivational letter and certificates online at: https://jobs.ait.ac.at/Job/127436