We are Austria's largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Vision, Automation & Control in Vienna invites applications for a:
Master Thesis "Performance Evaluation of 3D Light Field Reconstructions"
- The result of Multiview Stereo is the reconstruction of a 3D model from a collection of images with known camera positions. In recent years a number of high-quality algorithms have been developed and the state of the art is constantly evolving. In addition, several different data sets exist for evaluating and comparing such algorithms and methods. However, these data sets do not usually contain multi-line camera or line light field data for moving objects and controlled lighting, as is the case for inline computational imaging. This consists of a transport system, controlled lighting and a multi-line camera and is successfully applied in industry.
- The goal of this master thesis is to get an overview of current methods based on a comprehensive literature research.
- You will systematically compare some of the explored methods (for e.g. light-section, photometry / shape from shading, shape from focus) with each other regarding noise behavior, depth of field, range of repeatability and accuracy of 3D reconstruction.
- You will learn to perform high-tech measurements by using our AIT ICI (Inline Computational Imaging) system.
- You will gain experience in performing tests and inspections on materials with challenging surface properties (for e.g. metal parts, electronic parts & PCB, highly glossy, matt, bright, dark or even unstructured materials).
- You will research and develop a new imagine processing solution for industrial inspection.
- You will identify and discuss the accuracy, advantage/disadvantage, applicability of various methods & techniques.
- You will increase your knowledge and experience in a cutting-edge topic.
- You will build up your professional network while working within an international group of scientists.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner*:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Vision / Image Processing, Mathematics, Physics or related fields.
- Knowledge in computer vision and image processing
- Good programming skills in Python or Matlab
- Ability to communicate and work in a team
- Strong self-motivation and enthusiasm for creative solutions
- Very good command of German or English in spoken and written
What you can expect:
At least € 779,-- gross for 20 hours/week based on the collective agreement (Forschungs‐KV). The actual salary will be determined individually, based on your qualifications and experience. There will be additional company benefits! As a research institution, we are familiar with the supervision and execution of master theses and we are looking forward to accompanying you accordingly.
At AIT, the promotion of women is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to applications from female students!
TOMORROW TODAY - WITH YOU?
Please submit your complete application documents including CV, motivational letter and certificates online, via: https://jobs.ait.ac.at/Job/123872