We are Austria's largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Vision, Automation & Control in Vienna invites applications for a:
Master Thesis "3D-Reconstruction Using Structured Light in a Multi-Line-Scan Setup"
- Structured-light techniques rely on projecting one or more special light patterns onto a scene, usually in order to directly acquire a range map of the scene. Typically, this is accomplished using a single camera and a single projector. Random light patterns have sometimes been used to provide artificial texture to stereo-based range sensing systems. In general, these methods require stationary scene and therefore are not applicable in high-speed inline scenarios.
- In this project, the goal is to adopt the concept of structured-light scanning to the environment of a multi-line scan camera in order to allow for direct depth reconstruction.
- You will conduct literature research on the topic of structured-light techniques and quality inspection.
- You will gain experience in carrying out experiments with different methods, both algorithmically and physically (For e.g. testing various iallumination devices).
- You will learn how to implement a running prototype of the proposed structured-light making use of an existing inline computational system at AIT.
- You will evaluate new professional technology trends.
- You will identify and discuss the accuracy, advantage/disadvantage, applicability of various methods & techniques.
- You will increase your knowledge and experience in a cutting-edge topic.
- You will build up your professional network while working within an international group of scientists.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Vision / Image Processing, Mathematics, Physics or related fields.
- Knowledge in computer vision and image processing
- Good programming skills in Python or Matlab
- Ability to communicate and work in a team
- Strong self-motivation and enthusiasm for creative solutions
- Very good command of German or English in spoken and written
What to expect:
At least € 779,-- gross for 20 hours/week based on the collective agreement (Forschungs‐KV). The actual salary will be determined individually, based on your qualifications and experience. There will be additional company benefits! As a research institution, we are familiar with the supervision and execution of master theses and we are looking forward to accompanying you accordingly.
At AIT, the promotion of women is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to applications from female students!
Please submit your complete application documents including CV, motivational letter and certificates online, via: https://jobs.ait.ac.at/Job/123870