We are Austria's largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Digital Safety & Security is seeking to hire a new Ingenious Partner for our location in Vienna:
Research Engineer (m/f/d) for Software Projects in Crisis and Disaster Management
- In order to be able to optimally protect the population and our environment in emergency situations, in our research and development projects we are working on IT solutions aimed to create a trustworthy data set for preventive protective measures.
- As a reliable partner for public authorities and organizations in the security sector, we develop innovative solutions and system architectures based on current research results and in cooperation with end users and our customers.
- As part of our interdisciplinary team, you will adapt and extend scalable applications as well as web applications (backend and frontend) and mobile solutions
- You will support the team in the implementation of IT solutions.
- You will make qualitative improvements, for e.g. security or usability and "look & feel" adjustments that make navigation easier for all relevant user groups.
- You will work in agile and classic teams in different roles and you will come up with innovative approaches for our daily challenges.
- Your solutions are oriented to the industry's requirements, including latest research results and software engineering methods.
- Thanks to your skills and knowledge you bring an added value to our team and you can take on your own area of responsibility.
- Your expertise will contribute to the satisfaction of our customers.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner:
- You hold a degree in technical studies, for e.g. informatics, computer science, software engineering or a related field.
- Experience with systems design, expertise in systems development and systems implementation (ideally in the public safety sector)
- Ideally you have experience with the development of mobile apps (iOS and/or Android)
- Excellent knowledge of modern software development processes
- Interest in technological developments and broad technical understanding
- Hands-on mentality and affinity for creating sustainable technical solutions
- High commitment and ability to work in teams
- Very good command of German and/or English
What to expect:
The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement is EUR 46.186,-- The actual salary will be determined individually, based on your qualifications and experience. In addition, we offer company benefits, flexible working conditions, individual training and career opportunities in a highly innovative environment.
At AIT, the promotion of women is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to hearing from female applicants.
TOMORROW TODAY - WITH YOU?
Please submit your application documents including your CV, motivational letter and certificates online, via: https://jobs.ait.ac.at/Job/121116