We are Austria's largest research and technology organisation and an international player in applied research for innovative infrastructure solutions. This makes us a powerful development partner for industry and a top employer in the scientific community. Our Center for Mobility Systems is seeking to hire a new Ingenious Partner for our location in Vienna:
Software Engineer (m/f/d) for Sensor Technology/Measuring Technology and Data Processing
Transportation Infrastructure Technologies
- Our teams work on various research projects with the aim of developing solutions for tomorrow's mobility.
- In these projects you will independently develop software for measurement technology and monitoring systems (e.g. video systems/laser scanners on the special measurement vehicle RoadSTAR) and conduct in-depth data analyses with the acquired data.
- You implement high performance data processing applications which are used by our researchers to produce data products ranging from road infrastructure assessment to simulation data.
- You develop innovative technologies, including the measurement of data acquisition and the creation of automated evaluation algorithms.
- You maintain, adapt and develop existing software applications in the areas of computer vision, machine learning and remote sensing (e.g. privacy blurring of street level view data using tensorflow).
- You will be responsible for selecting the suitable tools (IDEs, libraries, programming languages etc) and the software engineering technologies we will use.
- You will perform complex data analyses & develop algorithms for the further processing of laser scanning and photogrammetry data used by our clients (e.g. to improve road infrastructure and avoid accidents).
- You will work with state-of-the-art technologies in the field of remote sensing.
- You are responsible keeping up-to date and for implementing the best & latest software practices: Automated Testing, Continuous Integration, Code review.
- Your solutions, applications and tools form a reliable basis for the scientific work and prove themselves in practice.
- You will extend your network by working with customers and on research projects of the future
- You will develop innovative and safe mobility solutions for tomorrow.
Your qualifications as an Ingenious Partner*:
- You hold a technical degree (University/ University of Applied Science; Informatics/ Electrical Engineering/Telecommunications Engineering or equivalent) or similar.
- Programming languages: good knowledge of Python and another language: e.g. C, C++ (C++11/14/17), Java.
- Operating systems: Windows, good Linux knowledge
- Experience in handling and implementation of software projects
- Knowledge in the implementation of software engineering principals (SOLID, CI/CD, Automated Testing)
- Ideally, basic knowledge of electronics and communications engineering
- Experience with programming of metrological systems would be an advantage
- Independent, structured and solution-oriented work - high degree of self-organisation
- Willingness to work in interdisciplinary teams, enjoy communication and ongoing exchange with colleagues*
- Good knowledge of German and English (spoken and written)
What to expect:
The minimum gross annual salary according to the collective agreement is EUR 46.186,--. The actual salary will be determined individually, based on your qualifications and experience. In addition, we offer company benefits, flexible working conditions, individual training and career opportunities in a highly innovative environment.
At AIT, the promotion of women is important to us - that's why we are especially looking forward to hearing from female applicants!
TOMORROW TODAY - WITH YOU?
Please submit your application documents including your CV, cover letter and certificates online, via: https://jobs.ait.ac.at/Job/119622